Preparing Your Home for Sale
Small improvements to your home could greatly increase the perceived value of your property. It is always a good idea to freshen up the interior and exterior of your home before putting it on the market.
This does not necessarily mean you have to go out and spend a lot of money to make it happen. There are many things you could do on your own to make your home look perfect.
As your Real Estate Agent, I will personally walk through your home with you and provide you with Feedback on any pre-listing improvements, if necessary. I will also assist you by providing you with trusted Trades and help manage the process from start to finish.
Here are some simple steps you could take to help increase the perceived value of your home, and make a great first impression:
Inside your home:
- Declutter – Helps create the illusion of space. Clear all counters, declutter closets and remove excess furniture that may make the space feel small
- Neutralize the space - Put away all your personal photos and items to help buyers visualize themselves in your space
- Do necessary repairs - Be sure to make any necessary repairs prior to showings
- Clean up - Ensure that you clean all appliances and carpets (if necessary), in addition to floors and windows.
- A fresh coat of paint goes a long way
Don’t forget the Exterior!
First impressions are extremely important. Create memorable curb appeal by keeping your lawn maintained, plant flowers or pots, do small paint touch ups and repair anything that appears to be broken.